4/02/2014

Product Review: Maracuja Oil by Tarte

Here goes............ This is my first product review on a skin product I got from Sephora. Please bear with me. I will only be reviewing the effects of Tarte's maracuja oil on my Asian skin.

My skin type:
At the time, my skin around my chin was horrifically dry to where it was peeling

Thinking that an oil might work fast/better than any moisturizer, I decided to try Tarte's maracuja oil because there was a free deluxe sample with my purchase. Before this, I knew nothing about oils (which ones are good etc) and I had never heard of maracuja oil before I saw the sample online.


What is maracuja oil?
Maracuja oil is a nutrient-rich oil that has vitamin C and essential fatty acids which help to hydrate skin types such as sensitive, dry, and acne prone skin. It helps the skin to instantly brighten and look more radiant. And its said to promote active skin recovery and deliver maximum hydration without any greasy or filmy feel.


What's true/What's false (on my skin)

True | It's not greasy at all. Light and and not filmy feel.

False | It did not hydrate my dry skin (chin and jaw area)

My review | The oil was much too thin and watery to really have an effect on my super dry skin. I used it consistently for 1 week (2x a day, morning & evening) and it did not help to hydrate my skin. However, a few weeks later, I started using it again on a acne scar on my nose and it has kept the scar from drying up. I am pretty happy that it was overly oily and I am starting to see some healing. 



Overall, the product is only okay. It's not very strong and I feel that the descriptions from Ulta and Sephora are both pretty exaggerated. But for the lighter things, it's good to have handy. But to spend $48 for this oil is expensive and not very effective. 

I hope this has helped! 

Comment if you have any more questions! 



No comments:

Post a Comment